Release 4.3 (2011 November 10th)
- fixed curved board outlines (see below the note on outline curves)
- eagleUp now supports 1:1 scaling as well
- eagleUp also includes functions for scaling and measuring the final circuit
- automatic resizing of models during import, you can mix scale indifferently 1:1 and 1000:1 objects
- add support for sub folder ! keep your work folder clean, all eup, png, log files can be placed in a user defined sub folder. Check the settings window.
- add an option for simplified vias (no drill) for faster import of large models.
- add a board thickness unit selection, you can enter 1.6mm as well as 60 mils
- add a log file of the missing parts during the import in Sketchup, the log file is saved next to the eup file
- add support for an attribute-defined part name (see below)
- add possibility of minor modifications of the part (rotation, board side) directly from the Board
- added option to create top and bottom images as jpg files (necessary for some renderers, do not use otherwise)
- Eagle installation < 5.9 (including 4.xx) should use a simplified legacy exporter available here. It keeps most of the features of the full version.
- new PCB colors available, like a white solder mask (Winter is coming !)
Release 4.2 (2011 August 10th)
- fixed an issue with decimal separator in the folder names.
- fixed an issue with comma as decimal sign and Windows XP platform.
- added decimal sign detection in Sketchup, no more errors due to a wrong setting (currently the first cause of troubles).
- added unit detection in Sketchup, warns the user and stop if meters are not set in the template (the second).
- added a custom color choice for easier users experiments with board colors, select the color ‘custom’, a popup will help you fill the values.
- added storage of users settings in eaglerc configuration file for Eagle versions 5.10 and above. All settings and preferences are now saved and restored at each launch for higher productivity.
- added storage of users settings in a text file for older versions of Eagle (equivalent to the previous line, but not as reliable in shared environment).
- added settings for the paths and commands (previously these values had to be edited by hand). At first launch the user can edit the paths (or choose the default values for Windows or for OS X). These settings can be accessed later in the eagleUp main window.
- added compatibility with multiple projects in a same folder by naming the exported images with the board name.
- added an option to export and import a design without the realistic PCB images. The image creation is a slow step, in particular for large designs. With this option you can make a quick preview, check for the
missing parts, and when all is ready make the real export/import with the images.
- added an automatic correction of package names having a comma (replaced by a dot) or slash (/, replaced by _ ). SKP files should be named the same way.
- added support for sub folders in /models. You can sort your models as you want with as many levels as you need.
- added automatic zoom to the extent of the model in Sketchup.
Release 4.1 (2011 July 24th)
- added automatic check for latest version
- added compatibility with outline lines placed on package level
- added option to export only the board to Sketchup (no parts placed on the PCB)
- corrected non-plated hole color
Release 4.0 (2011 July 20th)
- Initial 4.x release
- Simplified user interface, with automatized processes
- Automatic PCB image creation
- Mac OS compatibility